I Am?

John 8:58-58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

You are. I am. What does that mean? Does it mean He is the good and not the bad? Does it mean He is the answered prayer but not the unanswered prayer? HE is? We as a society, I feel, have a misconception of the statement Jesus makes when he says, "I am." When He said that it was all inclusive. "He is" the answered prayer and "is" the same when the prayer is not answered. "He is" healing for the sick but yet he "is" still when one is not healed. He is.

We are so quick to make the statement that if "its" not happy go lucky "its" not God. Is that to say if it is true, and God is not merely happy go lucky would you not believe? Is his blessing everything you believe in? Because if its eeek...we may just have an issue. Because when my God said, "I am," he was acknowledging that he is not the one that says your life will always be swell with no problems. See we have made God some sort of genie but instead of 3 wishes we expect endless wishes. We think, "If i sing some songs, go to church my life will be A okay, and God will then owe it to me to bless me." Our thinking couldn't be any more twisted. Until we can understand that "He Is." i don't think we will ever quite grasp the trueness of the Father.

Think of this when you go on a cruise it will say that it is an all inclusive trip or cruise. The cruise never promised that the weather would be bright and beautiful the whole time. You go on fully understanding that storms actually may come up, but since you are aboard the cruise ship you tell your self it is still worth going because you can still be under that protection of the ship. You can still be sheltered in the Storm. Jesus never promised that life is all happy and beautiful but He says, "I am" with hopes of us understanding even though there may be a storm he is forever sovereign and we must just trust in his never failing love.

OnEaMoNgMaNy

1 comments:

Anonymous October 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Well said. Keep it coming!

-josh

Post a Comment

About this blog


Just sharing my thoughts with the world in hopes to touch a life.